1) Are cut out palms illegal in college hockey? They are in college
Lacrosse. I've seen many guys with them, so I sort of assume that
they aren't illegal.

2) Does anybody remember the old design that Maine had on the Alfond
ice? It was a bear's head with the eye being the face-off dot. I think
that it was changed to the 'M' atleast 5 years ago, maybe more. I liked
that logo, and wish that they would bring it back. I heard from a friend
that the day that the bear was to be painted on the ice, the artist was
sick, so they had to have a student paint it, and the student couldn't
paint a bear, but could do the easy 'M'. Anybody else from Maine heard
this?

3) What's the deal with the Great Western Freezout? Will it be on TV
again this year? It was on SportsChannel last year, but it's not in
the TV guide this week. Anybody have the inside scoop on this one?

Good luck to all the teams over the holidays.

          Matthew Sullivan

          Northeastern University