Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>I believe that the Denver Pioneers have been penalized twice this season
>in WCHA games as a result of fans throwing garbage on the ice.  Was a
>penalty called in this case?

Nope, no penalty at the RPI game. The orange tossing was pretty limited,
and it didn't really dealy the game.

It was a different story last year at the RPI/Union game at Union last
year, though. They showered the ice with oranges which took a while to be
cleared. To illustrate the mindset of these particular fans (it was mostly
from one section): The Union team took a penalty for Citrus Violation, and
after the second Union goal they did it AGAIN. Does the word "duh" mean
anything to you? Then there was the shirtless guy with the Elvis mask who
ran around with some banner after a Union goal and paused in front of the
visiting RPI Pep Band to beat his chest and grab his private parts in the
general direction of the flute players. This led to a "confrontation" and
a few fans on both sides being asked to leave by the Schenectady police.

> There is no place for this sort of fan behavior at a college hockey game.

Amen.

David Noble
Conductor Emeritus of the RPI Pep Band... America's Pep Band!