--- You wrote:
Last time when folks talked about bad refs in ECAC, I think we pretty much
agreed that Pierre, despite his reputation, called the games fair and square
in
the last couple of years.  It was also agreed that several other referees
were
--- end of quoted material ---
I must disagree that Pierre has been a good referee in the last few years -
at least in the games I have seen. Although he may be fair in the sense that
he screws up as many calls on each team (ie - shows no bias), his tendency to
call imagined penalties or not to call blatent offences matches his "legend".
In my opinion, he has been the most inconsistent referee I have seen. This is
especially true as the game wears on and he needs to let everyone know that
he is in charge.