As Jon suggests, TCHCR is probably not going to be released by Keith for at
least several more weeks until the connections improve and things settle
down.  It is not going to be very valid right now and thus I believe Keith
is right in holding it back.  As an example, I think last week it had
Merrimack #5.  Merrimack is doing well, but #5 is too high.  We will need
to be patient and trust Keith to release it when he is most confident that
it will actually mean something to people.

To Steve, just a correction: TCHCR is not a poll; polls are like the
hockey-l poll, the Albany Times-Union poll, etc. in which a number of
people vote their top 10/15 and the results are compiled together.  TCHCR
does no polling; it looks at the game results between DivI teams and
produces a relative rating based solely upon games that have been played
thus far.  So, a team that may be very good but hasn't played quality
competition yet may not be rated as highly in TCHCR as its standing in some
of the polls.  The best thing is to refer to TCHCR as a rating and the
others as polls, so as not to confuse things.
---
Mike Machnik    [log in to unmask]   Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors
(Any opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)    *HMN*