Hockey-L Happy Hour

After the "peaceful" ticket sale at Lynah Rink on Friday/Saturday, I figure we
can more or less usher in the new hockey season.  While I didn't bother to camp
out for my tickets (although I could have, now that I'm a graduate student as
well, with a 1983 matriculation date), that does not make me any less of a
Lynah Faithful.

To continue with a tradition that I started (more or less) for the Cornell
Hockey-L folks, I'm pleased to announce that I'm calling the first Hockey-L
Happy Hour to take place this Thursday (sorry, Lisa Sweeney, no one has a
conflict on that day but you.  I'll hold the next HH on a Friday next time).

Thursday September 17 at 5:00 pm at the Chapter House.

Come and meet your fellow Hockey-L posters and readers.  Scheduled to appear
include your friendly Lynah Rink officials Arthur Mintz (also a HOCKEY
columnist in the Ithaca Times) and George Tabor.  Arthur is your official
announcer and George is the time keeper.  Bring a hockey friend or your loved
one.  It may only be September, but it's time to begin rooting for the Big Red
Hockey Team.

PS:  Remember:  Chapter House is not an official sponsor of the event, but
you're welcome to consume alcoholic drinks if you're over 21.