>   I can think of one other reason that some ECAC schools
might oppose a move to Albany....concern that RPI might
have an "unfair" advantage.

I would doubt this had much to do with it. RPI does have a very
strong local following, but so do Clarkson and SLU, and Lake Placid
is well situated to be their home away from home.

It's a point worth remembering though - if the tourny ever does get
to the Knick (and I hope it does), it would be nice if the ticket
sales were not as badly handled as those relating to the 93 NCAAs
apparently were.

>  the Engineers invariably lead the league in attendance

As I said, they have a good following. But they also have a 1,000+
seat advantage on the other competitive schools. Personally, I have
no doubt that Cornell would fill a 5,000 seat facility - though I
really hope Laing Kennedy NEVER realizes it, or goodbye Lynah, hello
Houston-West.

Greg
Boston
Let's Go Red!