Just a bit more on the injury suffered at Plattsburgh by Elmira center Mike
McNamara.  He took a head-on check at center ice from Plattsburgh's Steve
Ashe, and wound up with what has been termed "massive head trauma".  Except
for the death on the ice during a high school game from last year, this is
the most horrifying hockey-related incident I've ever heard of.  McNamara was
down for 12 minutes, and the paramedics ACTUALLY HAD TO PERFORM CPR on him
before moving him to a stretcher and transferring him to Champlain Valley
Hospital.  Scary.

Hopefully, there will be more news on this.  I'd like to join others in
wishing McNamara a speedy and complete recovery.

By the way, Plattsburgh won the two-game quarterfinal series, 3-1 on Friday
and 8-1 on Saturday.
--
Bill Fenwick                        |  Send your HOCKEY-L poll responses to:
Cornell '86 and probably '94        |  [log in to unmask]