[ forwarded from Brian Farenell ]

Greg writes-

>4.  The All-Time Poor Fansmanship Award, won hands down by a fat dude
>wearing a UNH hat (it was definitely NOT our own Chris Craig).
>Overheard continuously throughout the SLU-Cornell ECAC final:
>"Yeah, well just wait until we get to the real game later. Then
>you'll see much faster skating and better hockey." Added to
>this: "Geez, neither of these teams could even compete in Hockey
>East," and the clincher, "that McCutcheon, now he was a Real
>Player, when these guys were part of Our League." OK, I'll admit it,
>after two hours of this I just MAY have turned and told him to shut up
>until his wonderful conference actually won an NCAA title - was that
>so wrong? In case anyone wondered, it didn't work - against idiocy
>the gods themselves contend in vain.

How about yesterday when a bunch of SLU fans drove through the
Clarkson campus with an ECAC CHamps banner and they were honking
the horn and taunting Clarksonians. Now I thought this was poor
taste. If Clarkson fans did this last year (I don't know, I wasn't
here), then I can understand why SLU did it but if not, I thought it
was in extremely poor taste. They won the tournament and deserve
bragging rights; they were the best team in the ECAC this year
(sorry Harvard) without question. However, I think the concept
of being a good winner deserves some respect. Now, I hope that
Clarkson fans didn't start saying anything before the tourn.
about SLU that might have prompted this or else we might have
deserved it. I respect SLU's hockey team because they are the
best team in the ECAC and are capable of winning the national
championship. Clarkson is neither (this season).

>5.  Eastern Seeds Prediction: 1. Maine, 2. New Hampshire, 3. Boston
>University, 4. St. Lawrence, 5. (some western import), 6. Clarkson. I
>pity da fool that has to go up against Clarkson next. They had better
>be prepared if they don't want to be the
>team-annually-upset-by-a-laughably-underseeded-ECAC-team. Having seen
>all of the five aforementioned teams, here's how they Should be seeded:
>1. Maine (second-best East team in past decade, after RPI '85), 2. St.
>Lawrence, 3. New Hampshire, 4. Clarkson, 5. Providence, 6. {a western
>import or the Indy}.

I, personally, don't think Clarkson should be seeded 5th or higher. What
about BU? I hope your pity proves to be foreshadowing, but I wouldn't
hold your breath. I think SLU's seed is about right as is UNH.

>6.  It was a true pleasure to see Maine play hockey "the way it oughta
>be" this weekend. Hard to see anybody beating them except themselves -
>they ARE the difference between HE and ECAC this season, but that's
>quite a difference.

If that's the case then the ECAC has nothing to be ashamed of since
Maine is one of the best teams in quite a while in any region.

Bri Farenell 	Clarkson '95	[log in to unmask]

"It's a great day for hockey."	---Bob Johnson, 1931-1991

CLARKSON GOLDEN KNIGHTS HOCKEY
ECAC LEAGUE CHAMPS: 1961-62 1976-77 1980-81 1981-82 1990-91
ECAC CHAMPS: 1966 1991
NCAA SEMIFINALISTS: 1991
NCAA FINALISTS: 1962 1966 1970