Quoted from the St. Paul Pioneer Press, 3/4/92:

    The Gophers will move their hockey tournament from December to January,
  coach Doug Woog said Tuesday.
    "It will be played on Jan. 2-3," Woog said.  "It looks like the teams
  are going to be ourselves, St. Lawrence, Ferris State, and Illinois-Chicago.
  We had hoped to have Michigan, but we had a communications breakdown at
  the last moment."
    In 1994, the first season in the new arena, the Gophers hope to have
  Lake Superior State, Maine, and Harvard or Yale.
    The Gophers will play 36 regular-season games next season, 32 in the
  WCHA, two in their tournament, and two at Alaska-Anchorage.
    "We'd also like to play an international team at Christmastime," Woog
  said.