Folks I just took a ride down to the Knick to check out the right
directions to post on the list.  (E-mail me or call 518-274-4889
for more info if you need it).

Coming in from the west on I90 --(what a boring road).  As you enter
Albany -- you will take the exit at I90 and I87. I believe it is
exit #24 on the NYS Thruway and it's about $8.45 if you came all the
way from Buffalo.  As you proceed through the toll barrier, stay on
I90(E) toward Albany.  The exits will start counting up 1,2,3....etc.
I believe exit 7 is the junction of I90 and I787.  Exit onto I787
South towards downtown Albany.  As you approach Albany (you can't
miss it -- unless there is heavy fog, or a blinding snow storm, but
in any case...) You will pass a sign that says "Knickerbocker Arena,
Next 2 Exits"  Take the second exit -- It is Madison Ave.  As you
swing down the ramp, it bends sharply to the right and there is a
traffic light. Continue through this light. The next light (200yds)
is Green (no not the color of the light, but the street name). A
right on Green -- or even a right on Red at Green will put you
at the Bus Station i.e. Proceed past the light at Green St.
---- We start getting important : The next light is Pearl St.. You
may choose to take a right at Pearl, since the Knick is aprrox
1/4 mile down Pearl on the left. Parking is Abundant. If you
choose to go past Pearl Street, fine -- because the light after
Pearl street is Grand St.. A right on Grand will take you
staight into the side of the Arena. (There is parking garage to
your left at the end of Grand).
  REAL IMPORTANT STUFF:  The FOUNTAIN TOO -- the chosen dinner
place for Hockey-L is on Madison mid-way between Pearl and
Grand. -- A very short walk from the Knick.

  If you are coming from the East, Again follow I90 to I787 South.

If you are coming from Albany County Airport  --- Take I87 South
to I90 East -- to Exit 7 (I787 South) -- Take I787 South, and
follow above Directions.

From the North, Same as From Albany County Airport.

Let me know if you need directions from the
South, as they are slightly different than the other ones.

REMEMBER get you responces for dinner in ASAP -- feel free to
bring lots of friends.

I will post a meeting place for between the first and second
period of the first National Semi final -- to sew up dinner plans.

Please Respond only to Carol's posting for Dinner RSVP's -- as she
will get the count to me -- DO NOT RSVP to me PLEASE!!!!

       All have safe trips ---   Cheers    Tony