ECAC, 2/15/92

Cornell 4 BROWN 3
HARVARD 2 Colgate 1
Clarkson 6 UNION 2
Vermont 4 Yale 1
Princeton-Dartmouth unknown

After last weekend Northcountry disaster, Cornell found itself 5 points behind
both Yale and Clarkson for the final quarterfinal home ice spot.  With only six
games left (including this weekend), things did not look good for getting home
ice.  Things still aren't great, but with Dartmouth and Vermont only allowing
Yale 1 point on the weekend and Clarkson losing to RPI on Friday, the Red are a
little bit closer, trailing Yale by 3 points and Clarkson by 4. Yale has a
habit of folding (of course, the last two weekends have not been kind to the
Red in the last few years either) so at least home ice isn't too unreasonable a
hope.

BRIGHT TIES

With the win tonight over Colgate, Harvard ends their streak of three
consecutive tie games.  Also, the Friday 2-2 tie between Harvard and Cornell is
the third consecutive 2-2 final produced by these teams--two at Lynah and one
at Bright.  We'll take the tie.  I don't know how long it's been since we've
gotten any points at Harvard's barn.

--
Dave [log in to unmask]
Cornell '91 OSU Med '95