It has become something of a tradition when Bowdoin and Colby play hockey
against each other for the fans to throw debris on the ice following the
first goal of the game (especially when the goal is scored by the home team).

During the two games of the Colby-Bowdoin series this year, debris on the
ice forced, in the game at Colby, the final minute of the second period to
be played at the beginning of the third period because of the amount and
variety of things thrown onto the ice, and at Bowdoin following what
proved to be the game-winning goal by Bowdoin captain Steve Kashian a bench
minor penalty assessed to the team for delay of game. (It was the second
time Bowdoin fans had thrown stuff onto the ice following the goal.)

Today, (with a two home games coming up this weekend), Bowdoin Captains
Peter Kravchuk and Steve Kashian wrote a letter which was distributed to
every student on campus...

February 12, 1992

Dear Members of the College Community:

On behalf of the entire men's hockey team, we would like to address a matter
of concern. While we applaud your attendance and passionate support at all of
our games, we must discourage anyone from continuing to throw anything onto
the ice surface. These interuptions delay the game for both the team and the
fans. More importantly, this behavior may not only lead to our team being
penalized (as against Colby), but it may also lead to an injury to a player
or an official.

We encourage your continued support at our games and hope that by restraining
from further crowd interference our games may be more enjoyable to all Bowdoin
hockey fans. Thank you for your cooperation.

				Sincerely,

				Peter Kravchuk '92
				Steve Kashian '92
				Captains -- Bowdoin Hockey Team

In light of the recent discussion on cheers and throwing things onto the
ice, I thought that this would interest some of you.

Craig Cheslog
Bowdoin '93
GO U BEARS AND USA HOCKEY!