The subject line's alliteration wasn't intended, btw. :-)

Rick Mills, #2 assistant to Merrimack's Ron Anderson, has apparently left the
team.  With the NC$$ refusing to reinstate the 2nd assistant, Mills knew he
would not be back next year and found it difficult to recruit players with
this weighing on his mind, so he decided it would be better for him and the
program if he left now.  Merrimack now has just two coaches, Anderson and
assistant Stu Irving.

Way to go, NC$$.

I believe it was Tim Newman who asked me how many assistants DivI basketball
teams were allowed to have.  The answer is apparently 3 full-time, for 12
players.  Hockey will have 1 full-time asst. next year for 20+ players.  Also,
I found my 91-92 BC hoop media guide and in looking through the list of
opponents BC has this year, every team has at least two assistants and most
have three.  For 12 players.

- mike