From @UBVM.cc.buffalo.edu:[log in to unmask] Sun Feb 23 15:28:53 1992
	Date:         Sun, 23 Feb 1992 15:26:05 -0500
	Sender: College Hockey discussion list
	From: Richard Edward Vehlow <[log in to unmask]>
	Subject:      Olympics, Various Questions
	To: Multiple recipients of list HOCKEY-L <HOCKEY-L@MAINE>

	1. What is an "illegal recipient" and "two-line passes"? I heard it today in
	the EUN-Canada final.
	2. Where is 1980 URS goalie Tretiak today?
	3. On RPI: whatever happened to #24 Francois Cadoret? Not only is he gone this
	year, but someone else has his number. He was only a sophomore last year.
	4. a non-hockey question, but maybe a multidisciplined sports fan out there
	can answer this question. Who is the NFL Commisioner and the NFL President, and
	are they the same person? For that matter also, who are the heads of the AFC
	and NFC?

	Thank you.
	-Rich Vehlow

I'll take questions 1 & a stab at 3.

An illeagal receipient is a player who takes either a hand pass or plays
a puck knocked down by a high stick from another player on the receipient's
team.  A Two Line Pass does not occur in Div I Ice hockey but it is called
in AHAUS and in the pros.  A two line pass occurs when an attacking team
passes the puck across two of the three center lines (2 blue, 1 red) and the
puck is played by another member of the attacking team after the pass.

As far as Cadoret is concerned, I am not sure where he is right now but I do
know that he left school at the end of last year.  He was not happy with his
academic program at RPI.  If you remember, he also did not have the best of
seasons last year.

Al Popp