Bob Schwartz writes:

[TCHCR sorted by schedule deleted]

>Some comments:
> * The solid block of WCHA-CCHA teams surprised me. While it seemed that
>   WCHA-CCHA teams generally beat HE-ECAC teams over the holidays, I thought
>   that, overall, inter-conference records were pretty even, with the
>   ECAC exception. Yet no HE team was able to crack that upper block. Not
>   having a schedule with me, could this be a result of HE teams playing a
>   greater percentage of their non-conference games against the ECAC? Could
>   OSU's tournament win be echoing throughout the schedule strength ratings,
>   given their lofty standings in the CCHA?

The "West" is 10-5-1 against the "East": the ECAC is 0-5 vs. the CCHA/WCHA
and HEA is 5-5-1. Oddly, Denver, Duluth and Michigan State account for all 6
non-wins.

Regarding the effect of OSU's win over Clarkson, see an upcoming mail entitled
"What-if".

> * Given that most inter-conference games have already been played, the
>   Eastern teams are screwed, TCHCR-wise.

As of the 1/18 games, 428 out of 690 games have been played (not counting the
Independent tourney). 62%. 254 of the 279 "connections" have been made, 91%.
There are not very many inter-league games left, and of the few remaining,
ZERO are between the "East" and the "West." It sure looks like the ECAC had
its chances, and it blew them.

Keith