Apparently it is REQUIRED to award assists to the last two (if there
are two) players on the scoring team to touch the puck prior to the
goal.  Pretty poor approach, IMHO.  Oh, well!  At least there must be
very few arguments about "scorers' decisons."

One of the reasons I said I wasn't interested in total scoring by lines
as much as in total goals by lines (in my query re the performance of
the NMU Beattie line) is that I could see any line with a lot of goal
scoring is also going to have a lot of assists!  However, I had no
idea just how true this is!
                     *      Steve Christopher, NMU       *
                    *  "Go 'Cats!''Going for two in '92!" *