Well, for starters let me say that I was really impressed by the
attendence at the game.  3,356 during break!  And not to get back into
the Pep band fray, but America's Pep band didn't show!  The "sieve"
chant was a bit ragged, but hey.  We won when the band didn't show...
You tell me... :)

Colgate 0 1 1--2
RPI     2 0 3--5

Shots
-----
Colgate 9  9  11--29
RPI     9 13  11--33

Goalies
-------
Colagte, Murray:  33 shots, 27 saves
RPI, Little:      29 shots, 27 saves

As to the game, the infamous KennyZ was sitting in front of me, and
_EVEN_HE_ had a few problems with some of Galipeau's calls--though
it is kind of funny when our whole section is screaming about a
penalty and Kenny yells "Good Call" but this is a typical thing.  The
game really _did_ seem to be going RPI's way in every facet except in
calls.  RPI got called for just about everything (okay they deserved a
good many of them).

An RPI goal was recalled by Galipeau in the first period, though I'm
sure it crossed the line (yeah, I know I know, the ref and I disagree).
Right after a Colgate goal was disallowed as being after the whistle.
Kinda gaveme the feeling that the ref wanted to even things up...

RPI was in pretty good form--yeah they missed some passes that had me
wincing, but there seemed to be a sort of, well, angry spirit to the
team.  I was pretty worried coming into the weekend, but I have some
high hopes for tonight against Cornell (funny that they'll have a band
and we won't  :)

One of the strangest things to happen last night, was a "malfunction"
of the scoreboard.  In the second period, the buzzer buzzed twice, and
the scorebords read 69 seconds.  It got a few laughs.

Let's Go Red!

                                   -Mitch

[log in to unmask] |&| [log in to unmask] (SHAME, HUH?)
"How'd you get that Cray II to run slower than my old C-64?"
"Oh, that took a bit of doing.  Take a look at /bin/session"