At Hobey Bakey Arena, Princeton, NJ
Saturday, 1/11/92

Union     1 2 0 - 3
Princeton 3 1 0 - 4

Scoring:
1st Period-
1) P, Zilinskas 6 (from Faust and Slatella) 4:52 (pp)
2) P, McKee 6 (from Ewanchyna and Faust) 12:16 (pp)
3) P, Ewanchyna 4 (from McKee and Faust) 18:02 (pp)
4) U, Cregan 5 (from Whitney and Kelley) 19:24

2nd Period-
5) P, Slatella 2 (from Sinson and Kopeck) 6:21
6) U, Menhall 6 (from Ferrero and Railton) 7:37 (pp)
7) U, Flowers 6 (from Clifford and Albert) 18:25 (pp)

3rd Period-
none.

Shots on goal: Union 3-10-6--19, Princeton 18-6-11--35.

Power Play Opportunities:  Union 2 of 8, Princeton 3 of 8.

Goalies: Union, Gallant (L,0-6-0)(35 shots, 31 saves)
         Princeton, Yorke (W,3-4-0)(19 shots, 16 saves)

Attendance: 2,116

Princeton jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the first period, and Union
could not come all the way back, as the Tigers defeated the Dutchmen,
4-3.  Princeton outshot Union 18-3 in the first period, but Tim
Cregan's breakaway at the end of the 1st gave Union some momentum
going into the 2nd Period.  Union was the better team in the 2nd, as
they used 2 power play goals to pull to within 4-3.  But the 3rd
period was scoreless, and Princeton completed its weekend sweep of
RPI and Union.

Keith Reynolds, who was at the game, has already provided a summary of
the game.  Here are some comments from Union alum Elliot Olschwang,
who was also at Saturday's game:
-----
	In my opinion Union was not outplayed in general but it seemed
(although I don't have the stats to back this up) that Princeton was
able to convert power plays early on and Union gave them the power
plays early on.
	Union spent more time on their side of the ice than they did on
princeton's side of the ice.

	Basically Union got behind early and never did catch up.  They matched
well with princeton and with a couple breaks different ways could have
won this one.

Elliot
-----

Union will look for it's first win in the ECAC this Friday,
as they travel to 11th place Dartmouth.  Union returns home the
following Saturday (1/25) to host local rival RPI.  It will be RPI's
first trip trip to Achilles since the incredible game back in November
of '88, which Union won in OT 4-3.
--
| Jim Teresco			Union College                                 |
| [log in to unmask]	Schenectady, NY 12308			      |