Carol writes:
> I am sure "someone" out there in Hockey East-land will let us know which
> "Boston" no. 10 refers to!! ;-)

"Someone?"  i.e. me? :-)

Chances are good "Boston" means Boston University.  For some unknown reason,
many people out West call BU "Boston".  I've heard it when BU played MSU
two years ago and the games were picked up back here; in the final four, etc.
and no one gets the hint.  It is "BU" or "Boston University", not "Boston"
because that can mean BU or BC, or else maybe the Bruins have dropped low
enough that they're now getting votes for the college top 10. :-)  Besides,
it sounds strange to call BU "Boston".  DON'T DO IT!  People from the East
will think you are a dork.  Someone should tell the media folks this.

> I was surprised to see this in the paper today because normally the NC@@
> usually waits till after January 1st to release their first poll.

I could be wrong, but I think they have been releasing one poll before
Christmas and then picking it up after Christmas...thanks for typing it in!

- mike