Tradition and Tix
I'm really glad to read the comments concerning hockey tradition at Lynah Rink
and other schools.  I'm most intrigued by the fact that different versions of
the history of the Screw BU cheer are out there.  I wonder is there a
definitive version from a hockey authority?  Perhaps some of us Lynah Faithful
should think about putting some of these wonderful stories down for future
hockey fanatics.

Just a comment on the Ref F--- Sheep cheer:  I personally don't find it
offensive and I think it may be to some people, espcially those who take their
little kids to watch the games.  I recall the cheer was reserved for penalties
that were just seemingly unfair to Cornell, and used to escalate from Ref Beats
Wife and so on.  Nowadays students use the F cheer so often and so
indiscriminateily it's become less meaningful.  I would suggest what my friend
Rob Scott did, that is, instead of the F word, say "Ref's Asleep"  For little
kids, they think it's fun and means something, plus it's rated G.

I do have some student section tickets for sale for the Vermont vs. Cornell and
Dartmouth vs. Cornell games on January 10 & 11.  They are

Sect E-10-14
        F-12-6
        F-12-8
        G-14-19

Please Email me at my electronic address above or [log in to unmask]
CORNELL.EDU or call me at (607)255-5008 during business hours.

Finally, my apology to Arthur Mintz.  My office subscribes to the Daily Sun (2
copies) so they are very handy.  I enjoy your column in the Ithaca Times and
find you insightful (I have little faith in the Sun reporting anyway).  Over
the winter break I'll have to rely on you to get my weekly hockey news.  Please
keep up the good work.

Tom Y.  Tseng '87
No final exams for me.