R David Smith raises a good point in mentioning the fact that ECAC
schedules are weaker than their HE and western counterparts; I can't help
but agree. One of the most disappointing things about the HE-ECAC break-up
was that a lot of strong rivalries went down the tubes. (e.g. RPI-Boston
University, etc.) I feel that the ECAC needs to make a point of scheduling
tougher, non-conference teams for open dates, tournaments, etc. Unless this
happens, it would appear to me that ECAC teams are going to have a difficult
time holding their own outside of the league, and certainly in the NC$$
tourney. I'm curious to hear others' positions...what do we     think would
happen if HE and the ECAC decided to go back to the old format and merged to
form one league?