Hey folks,
	I'm new to this mailing list, and I must thank you guys for
keeping me up to date on what's going on in hockey these days.  On the
other hand, I must say that this controversy over the Ivy league and its
sports policy is getting a little old--and there have been way too many
needlessly inflammatory things said.  Let's leave well enough alone and
talk hockey instead.
	By the way, there are some hockey teams out on the west coast here,
and, believe it or not, Caltech is the latest addition to Div I!  They are
actually making a good showing, having tied and beaten Cal and tied USC
(they don't play OT here--could someone perhaps inform me a little about
this crazy league?!).  They have crushed Pepperdine, 7-2(?), and look like
they could end up a 500 team.  And a large number of the players are grad
students!
	After seeing one of their games, I can safely tell you that the
Caltech Beavers are no threat to the rest of NC**, but it is certainly
exciting to see a team that can't even afford to have its own uniforms
compete, with enthusiasm, with teams that are clearly better than it.
	More on Caltech hockey (where the home games are free) later.

Stephen Leroy
Cornell '88	(Let's go RED!)
Caltech '90, perhaps '93