There have been a few comments made about the Czech team (I won't even
attempt to write their name...) that pulled out of various games, and the
guess was made that this was because of the political situation in
Czechoslovakia.   I very much doubt this.  I think the reason is a lot
simpler: Money.
I think that the Czechs simply cannot afford to send a hockey team halfway
across the world when the  average income in the country is $100 a month.
As to the political situation, I'd say that the Czechs have pretty much
the most stable one in Central Europe.

It's too bad that they can't come, as the Czechs have shown consistently
what a strong hockey nation they are.

Robert Pohl
Berlin
Ear to the Central European ground