Jim Love wrote in a personal note...
>     As a not totally unbiased HOCKEY-L subscriber :-) I was wondering if
>you could post an update on the status of Alfond Arena, i.e., what's the
>latest poop on when they'll be able to play there ??  UNH travels to Maine
>on 6-7 December and has NEVER won in Alfond Arena - it would certainly be
>an edge for the 'Cats to play these games on neutral ice instead of in front
>of 6000+ Black Bear fans in Alfond :-)  So am I dreaming or what ??  Inquiring
>minds want to know ..... :-)
>                                Cheers from the Chesapeake - Jim

Maine will play their first game in Alfond Arena *tonight* against
Alaska-Fairbanks.  For almost two weeks there has been a (new) roof, but
it still has only three walls.  I expect all the outside walls to be at
least cutting down the drafts by the NH series.

Not that UAF would mind the chill any more than the Mainiacs, but temps
tonight will probably be about 50 (was 60 last night at midnight!).

The arena will have the same seating for at least the next couple of
months (3600 or whatever, 4000+ w/SRO);  the only difference being a
pair of great empty spaces where there used to be a 4-foot walkway on
arena sides.

When we had our "fan's official" first practice in the Alfond 10 days
ago, there were no side walls, the temperature was well below freezing
and there was a 10-20 mph wind, both inside and out!