The Huskies of Michigan Tech put Northern Michigan University's 35 game
unbeated home streak in its place last evening with a 3-2 victory.  The
Huskies stayed with Northern throughout the first period and began to
"take" play to the Cats in the second.

The third period was split in play with Tech going into a defensive shell
after scoring the go-ahead goal at 6:14.

For some reason which I will attempt to discover, NMU Coach Rick Comley
moved winger Mark Beaufait off of the Hiller-Beattie line.  This line
has produced over the past two weekends.

NMU freshman Corwin Saurdiff had an outstanding game as did Tech goalie
Geoff Sarjeant.  Saudriff, 6'1", 187 has the makings to be a tremdous
asset to the team.

Here is the game summary:

First period - No scoring

Second period:

1 MTU, Young (1) , (Martini), pp, 17:32
2 NMU, Beattie (4), (Hiller-Beaufait), pp, 18:45
3 MTU, McEwen (2), (Steer-Manninen), 19:10

Third Period:

4 NMU, Beaufait (5), (Drake-Hiller), pp, 1:15
5 MTU, Storm (3), (Martini-Young), pp, 6:14

Power Play Opportunities:

NMU 2-6 / MTU 2-7

Penalties:

NMU - 8 / MTU - 7