Now we're really off the college hockey theme, but as long as we're
all starving for hockey news I'll add my two cents to the "Romance
at Hockey Games" theme.  A few years back it was kind of a fashionable thing
to do to propose via the scoreboard at a North Stars' game.  There were
several such proposals at Met Center in the early '80's.  One variation
was when someone proposed by putting a sign on the Zamboni between the
first and second periods.  (I'm not sure, it may have been the Zamboni
driver proposing.)  Between the second and third periods there was a
sign on the Zamboni that said "She said yes!!!"

Pam Sweeney
Go Gophers!!!
Go Twins, AL West Champs!!!