Thanks for your comment Jim Love. Yes, hockey is considered to be
an olympic sport at N.D. Yes, we will pay what Kent State paid to the CCHA.  Tha
t is of course, if and when we join. All I can tell you in that regard is that I
'm encouraged. We do seem to have the support of our A.D. and that's
half the battle.  I certainly will report any developments. Concerning endowment
...I doubt very much that they willtouch it for a long time, for
hockey or any other sport.  It is indeed a rainy day fund and our
forecast is only for some clouds and perhaps a shower or two.
Concerning our ambitious plans, yes to a degree it is, but it also
makes good business sense.  For a few dollars more i.e. scholarships
we stand to generate a whole lot more dollars to offset our costs.
Say nothing about providing our students a healthy sporting outlet
during the Indiana winter. Believe me, that is a topic often
discussed. We would very much like to be that "outlet."