Bill Fenwick posted that head coaches should fill out their contracts
and not leave early, just like the players do.  I agree with that, however
there are cases of players leaving schools to go play for other ones.  The
first two that come to mind are the Lappin brothers now playing at SLU.
They left either BU or BC to play at SLU, where their older brother played.
They sat out last year because of the move and retained there remaining
two years of eligibility.  Maybe they didn't get much ice time in Boston,
but I doubt that since SLU is no slouch of a team needing talent badly.
I'm pretty sure that Clarkson picked up one or two palyers a couple of
years ago from Ohio State (I believe) as well.  If I remember right, one
was Mark Tretowicz.  I think that he might have moved because his younger
brother Dave was coming to Clarkson as a Freshman.

Previously, almost all of the players were on scholarships and not really
receiving any "perks" to be playing for a team.  So that moving to a
different school was not a matter of money, just personal choice.  Even
though fans at the schools losing players (and coaches) this way may feel
betrayed, it does add a little spice.  Hopefully Dartmouth will be able to
find a high quality coach that will stay and work with a supportive
administration.

Mike Zak
Clarkson '87, '90,...
"Gee, two postings in a day in May."