Kyle Aumell writes:

> After the game coach Jeff Sauer of Wisconsin said the small ice was
> not a factor, I beg to differ. The Badgers looked confused out there and I'm
> assuming it was because they did not have as much room as they were
> accustomed to.

While the rink at Wisconsin's home arena, the Dane County Coliseum, is of
normal size, there are several undersized rinks in the WCHA, including the
arenas at Colorado College, Denver, and Duluth.  The Badgers play on those
rinks every season.  It sounds to me like the Badgers played an exceedingly
poor game, and ran into a tougher Clarkson team than they expected.  On the
other hand, you were there and I wasn't.

********
Mixing my subjects, in order to take it easy on the LISTSERV (Hi, Wayne!),
here is what may be the Gopher quote of the season, from Minnesota sophomore
wing Trent Klatt in reference to last night's loss to Providence:  "We
played like puke in the first period."  'Nuff said.

-- Erik "Leave it to" Biever

Erik Biever                              --GOLDEN GOPHER   MMMMM    MMMMM
St. Paul, Minnesota - Home of the       --HOCKEY            MM MM  MM MM
1991 WCHA & NCAA Championships         --Fastest Game      MM   MMMM   MM
BITNET:    e-biev@uminn1              --In Town           MM   MMMMMM   MM
INTERNET:  [log in to unmask]                      MMMMM          MMMMM