I completely agree with you Mike. I think BC deserves the bye on the
strength of an outstanding season. Politics, however misplaced, may
unfortunately play a role in this. I don't think too many people
will argue that Clarkson or Cornell deserves the bye on the basis
that they are better than BC, but perhaps on the basis that they
are a conference champion and should command respect because of it.
ECAC officials will doubtless not be happy if both eastern byes
go to Hockey East schools. I really can't venture to say whether
any of this will be a factor in the all-important seedings. I don't
think it should either, and feel that reagardless of the ECAC
tournament outcome, only Maine could be seeded ahead of BC. However,
politics do emerge in some cases, and we'll have to wait and see.
How do our ECAC/Clarkson subscribers feel about this?

				Mark Daly
				GO BC, BG, Elmira!!!