Here are summaries for the two North Country games played Saturday night.  I
left my paper at home so there are no real details.

CLARKSON 11, Princeton 1
	Most of us were worried about this game.  Clarkson had blown a good lead
	last year at home to Princteon and lost.  We don't usually count them
	out.  It was the teams last regular season game at Walker ever and was
	going into the game loss-less.  So it was thier last chance to blow it.
	(Aren't we great fans.)

	Clarkso started the scoring in the first period with a power play goal.
	The power play is looking awefully good.  The unit went 2 for 2 that
	night.  However Princeton came back soon after and evened the score up.
	But that was it for Princeton.  Clarkson went on to score three more
	goals in the period.  I believe that Scot Thomas scored the pp goal,
	picking up after his hat trick against Army.

	Clarkson put Princeton out for good in the second period, scoring
	thrice more.  Shawn Fotheringham had the fifth goal.  It was his first
	of the season.  He had skated in with the puck and was fighting two
	defensemen.  He misfired a shot that caused Salsbury to go down and
	was able to get a one handed shot off to beat Salsbury.  Fotheringham
	was playing on the second line with Thomas and Mark Green for Steve
	Dubinsky who was sitting out with an injured shoulder.  He seized his
	chance and played quite well, picking up several assists.  Chris Rogles
	,playing goal for Clarkson, made a couple of nice saves in the period
	when Princeton was on the pp.

	Clarkson started with no ref Friday night and ended with no ref Sat.
	night.  Friday night Tom Caruso was pulled out of seat to go home,
	change and come back to ref.  Sat. night he was linesman with Walsh (?)
	while Gallagher was ref.  Mid-way through the second period Gallagher
	went down hard due to being caught at the end of the Clarkson bench
	when a Clarkson and Princeton player collided.  Gallagher was helped
	off of the ice and taken to the hospital.  He was in obvious pain on
	the ice.  I think it might have been his elbow or ribs.  Play even-
	tually resumed with the two linesmen in charge.

	In the third period Clarkson continued to roll.  Mark Green got a hat
	trick while Dave Trombley and Scott Thomas ended up with two goals a
	piece.  Clarkson had several chances to score short-handed goals.
	With Princeton on the pp late in the period and the crowd yelling
	for a goal, Clarkson had two of its best puck handlers on the ice,
	Belanger and Trombley.  They almost scored a very pretty goal.  Belanger
	Had brought the puck into the Princeton zone and was wheeling and
	stick-handling like mad.  Trombley came into the zone, managed to slip
	a defenseman and went around behind the goal to the far side of the
	net.  Bela	net.  Belanger, knowing where Trombley was all of the time, slipped
	quick pass to the wide open Trombley.  Unfortunatley Salsbury's replace-
	ment High was quick enough to intercept the pass.  Clarkson pressed
	Princeton the whole two minutes of the pp, plus more after.  The whole
	team was putting on a show.  Whelling and passing behind the back,
	totally grandstanding for the fans who loved it.

	It was a good weekend for the team.  They didn't fall into thier trap
	of playing down to the opponents' level.   They maintained their high
	level of play as the scores show.  I give the team a better than good
	chance of beating Harvard.  Friday night should be the night for the
	league's leadership.  I guess that I'll just have to root for RPI.

SLU 6, Army 3
	Army kept pace with SLU through the first period and a half of play.
	The score was tied at 2-2 before SLU broke things open and went ahead.
	That's all I can provide.  No newspaper.

Mike Zak
Clarkson '87, '90,... (Fall '91 !?)