On Feb 8,  3:47pm, Charles Shub wrote:
} Subject: how many refs??
}
} Well, Geoff, consider the alternatives:
}
} 1. 1 ref 2 linesmen
}
} 2. 2 refs
}
} 3. 2 refs 1 linesman
}
} I'm old and jaded enough to have seen all three systems, and will stick with
} the first as being a reasonable compromise.
}
}-- End of excerpt from Charles Shub

HORSE PUCKS!  I'm probably just as old and 'jaded' enough . . . I've
ALSO seen all systems and think the one we have now STINKS.  The NCAA
in their infinite wisdom instituted this to, using one of their favorite
expressions, 'speed up the game'.

Yea, we're going to speed up the game by calling less penalties . . .
let more go by.  Geezzz . . . sometimes I thinks these ref's are about
as good as the ones from the WWF!!  Too damn much is missed . . . and
the players know it.  The rules get bent more and more until the game is
finally out of control, then the single ref tries to impose his will and
the calls are so out of place that it is comedic.  Just ask Ferris
State's coach about the ref in BGSU/Ferris State's Friday night game.
Sheesh . . . what a DUNCE . . .

If this system was SO GREAT, how come the NHL doesn't use it?

'Nuff said . . .

--
Phil Ritzenthaler  The Advanced Computing Center for the Arts & Design (ACCAD)
Systems Manager    The Ohio State University