Just when Merrimack thought it couldn't get any worse, the news just got worse.
Starting goalie(and probably the best goalie since Jim Hrivnak at Merrimack),
Yannick Gosselin has cartelidge(sp?) trouble in his knee.  One of Merrimack's
backup goalies is in one of my classes.  He told me that Goose is about five
weeks away from returning at the earliest.

That leaves goaltending duties to Mike Doneghey and my information source, Steve
D'Amore.  If this is a sign of things to come, Merrimack split with Kent over
 the weekend, Doneghey losing 5-3, and D'Amore stopping 28 shots for a 5-4
 victory.
Merrimack will get a big test this weekend, as they play the UNH Wildcats in
New Hampshire.  Merrimack beat UNH once this year when Gosselin was in net
 (3-2).  This will test the Warrior goaltending.

BTW former Merrimack star goalie Jim Hrivnak, now playing for the Capitals, has
injured a knee (not a good week for Merrimack goalies and knees), and will be
out for a while.  Hrivnak was 3-1 with a GAA of just over 3.00 when his knee
was injured during a game with the Penguins.

Kevin