> I could be wrong, but I thought I read somewhere (just recently), that they
> don't start the National rankings for College hockey until January each year.

The Boston Globe has been printing national rankings for a few weeks now.  BU
was ranked #1 when they hadn't even played a game.  The rankings come out every
Monday, I believe.  I can post this week's rankings after I dig out yesterday's
paper.

About Merrimack's win over UNH last night:  I guess it is correct to call it an
upset, since Merrimack hadn't beaten UNH in 11 straight games.  However, I was
not surprised.  UNH, although 5-0-0, was playing its Hockey East opener after 5
non-conference games, none of which was against stellar competition.  Merrimack
clearly is a better team than last year, and they were playing at home.  I'm
not surprised they pulled off the win.
Chris Craig                 Attention all planets of the Solar Federation,
[log in to unmask]                          We have assumed control...
...!mit-eddie!mit-athena!crcraig   MIT-Project Athena, Cambridge, MA 02139