Subjec  re> WCHA predictions                            Date: 10/10/90
Eric, I thought you're predictions were great.  About time someone put some
humor into these things.  However, you're only 50% right on the rating of
Michigan Tech.  Yes, having Boxer gone is the best thing the team could do, no
question.  But, you're dead wrong about living there.  It is a great place to
live.  And play hockey. The total metropoitan area is well under 10,000 people
and has 6 public ice rinks!  Hockey leagues for all ages.  When I went to
school there (all hail MTU!)  I was playing hockey 5 times a week.  Some of my
friends played more often.

 Sadly to say, in the Detroit metro area, which has a couple million people,
we can only play at three rinks, all separted by 30 to 45 minutes drives.
Minneapolis is the only town I'm familiar with that has more rinks, but most of
those are outdoor rinks that only are open for a couple of month out of the
year.

  David Halonen, Center for Machine
  Intelligence, EDS
  Ann Arbor, MI           (313) 995-0900
  [log in to unmask]   or  AppleLink: N0548