Greetings!

This (censored) storm has closed the University and planetarium today.
However, if you're still looking for eclipse glasses, you'll have opportunities to buy them during the following times.

Friday night
6:30 - 9 p.m

Saturday
10:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
5:30 - 9:00 p.m.

Sunday
12:00 - 2:00 p.m.
6:00 - 8:00 p.m.

Monday (Yes, eclipse day)
8:00 a.m. - 2 p.m.

Believe me, I wish to the highest heaven that I could open today.
However, barring any unforeseen meteorological catastrophe, we'll be open tonight and throughout the weekend.

Stay safe
Be well.

Edward

--
Edward X. Herrick-Gleason
Director

IMPORTANT NOTE:  May 15th is my last day as Director of the Southworth Planetarium.   If you need to contact the planetarium after this date, please consult our web-site:  www.usm.maine.edu/southworth-planetarium or call 207-780-4249

"If we're sufficiently sceptical and empirical about anything (whether a star or a baby or a plastic cup), we'll see that it's baffling, mysterious, thrillingly weird and defies all of our categories - requiring a poetical and a mathematical and an emotional and a physical response."
-Charles Foster, author of Being a Human