Hello all,

Tomorrow is the big day: TRIO/GEAR-UP Advocacy Day! This email is meant for
two purposes, first as a call to RSVP <https://forms.gle/H3irBjHxNDQ1usDx9>
for any folks who have not yet (I need final numbers no later than 4 p.m.
tonight). Second, to provide additional details for those who will be in
attendance. Feel free to disregard the remainder of this email if you are
unable to attend.

*General Attendance Details: *
Eating before you arrive is advised as we will only have light refreshments
available. I am asking programs to *arrive at 8:00*. This will ensure that
we are all through security and set-up by 8:30 when our speeches are
kicking off. We will be joined by some exciting TRIO champions & alumni, as
well as our keynote speech by a current UMF Johnson Scholars SSS student.
After our speeches come to a close, we have a guided tour of the State
House starting at 10 for students who may be interested. Please connect
with me tomorrow to sign up.

*Travel & Parking: *
Information regarding the best routes of travel, Google Maps connection,
and parking options is available here
<https://legislature.maine.gov/lio/directions-to-the-state-house/9081/>.
Please note that the parking garage appears to be offline (it was closed
today when I visited). I have attached a map with each parking location
highlighted.

*Security Screening:*
As it is a session day, security will take longer and be more thorough. Be
sure not to bring anything unallowable with you or for your displays (think
airport security). Let your students know that all bags will need to go
through the machine and to avoid items that might set off the metal
detector (pocket change, metal belts, etc.). More information on this is
available here <https://legislature.maine.gov/lio/security-screening/9120>.

It is going to be a day full of advocacy and connection. I am very much
looking forward to seeing you all there. Please reach out if you have any
questions or concerns.

With excitement,
Sydney

Sydney Brown (she/her)
(207) 778- 7840
Confidential Resource Advisor
<https://www.maine.edu/confidential-resource-advisor/>

Proudly serving:
University of Maine Farmington: Education Center 323
University of Maine Augusta: Farm House 115D