On Mar 11, 2024, at 8:10 PM, Joe Makowiec <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

At 3-11-2024 06:57 PM, Erik Biever wrote:
While researching travel options, I discovered a fun fact: it takes about 14 hours to fly to Potsdam from Minneapolis-St Paul, whether your destination is in New York or Germany.

You can fly to Potsdam, New York? Who knew? There is an airport there, but the closest feasible one is probably Ogdensburg. (FSVO "feasible") It may be faster to fly to Ottawa and drive.

I have driven past the Potsdam Airport, such as it is.  If you can get David Parter to rent a Cessna, yes you could fly into there. Ogdensburg has flights to Philadelphia via something called “Contour Airlines”. Cape Air flies into Saranac Lake, although I’m not sure from where.

Ottawa International would be about an hour and a half, as would Montreal, but things might get weird if - as an American - you try to rent a car in Canada and bring it back into the States. (The opposite is certainly true for Canadians.)

Sadly, while I would like to drive over to Potsdam this weekend, I have a work trip to Saskatoon for the Canadian university women’s hockey championship.

John