Greetings, all!

10 days and 2 hours until the eclipse!

Last week I posted an announcement that the deadline for requesting eclipse glasses would be 8 am today.
Annul that announcement and pretend you just dreamt it.

The new deadline is Monday.

Call us at 207-780-4249 or e-mail
[log in to unmask] to place your order.

We have been inundated with requests!  (I've actually had to WORK the last couple of weeks.)
Don't worry if you haven't received yours yet.   They are either en route or will be packag this weekend.

Be well assured that when you place an eclipse glasses order from the planetarium, a single bright golden
light flashes deep within the catacombs. The light emits photons onto a radiometer that
spins its panels that hits a switch which strikes a match that lights a torch which flames
beneath a water basin that produces the steam which powers a turbine that sounds a
chime which awakens the hill troll who shouts down to the gnomes who scurry along the
ladders that slide along the shelves where the glasses are stowed.   The
preternaturally cheerful, yet demonically efficient, gnomes then locate the glasses and promptly toss them
onto a whirring conveyor belt that whisks them into an iridescent
dodecahedron which meanders precariously along a double twisted Mobius strip train
track that delivers them up to our finishing department where Mustard seed and her merry
menagerie of unearthly cohorts polish, clean and wipe the glasses which are then gently
placed on a Eiderdown pillow enveloped in a regal purple sham fringed on all four sides
with yellow tassels and marched with gratuitous pomp and circumstance by a shifty-
eyed, but otherwise beguilingly beautiful Irish banshee -who considers carrying glasses to
be a more congenial occupation than heralding death- down a ramp into our shipping
department where they'll be folded, stacked measured and finally blessed by an agnostic who has a keen sense of irony.

Or, if you want to avoid all that nonsense,
you can simply visit us down in the catacombs.

We're generally open until 2 p.m.

Cheers and happy viewing!

Edward