Good afternoon MEEOA,

We have a little less than one month before our annual TRIO/GEAR-UP Advocacy Day event at the Maine State House on Thursday, March 7th from 8:30-11:30

This email is meant to serve a few purposes: first, to be a friendly reminder to RSVP on the attached Google Form, available here and below. For any who have already completed this form, there is a new question inquiring about your interest in a UMA college tour after the event. If you are interested, please let me know and I will add that info to your RSVP.

Second, I wanted to provide you with a quick overview of the day's events to boost your excitement and (hopefully) student engagement. The event itself will run from 8:30-11:30. I am asking all attendees to arrive at the State House and be set up no later than 8:15 so that we can have our speeches running by 8:30 before the Senators and Representatives go to their Caucus meetings at 9. I know that makes for an early morning for many of you, but it will be worth it to ensure our Legislators are in attendance and actively participating.

Lastly, a reminder to engage in some advocacy work with your students and send an invitation to your elected officials inviting them to attend and participate. I have attached a PDF including email templates and information on who your local legislators are.

Those are my updates for now. At about the two-week mark, I will reach out again and provide more details regarding what to bring/not to bring, parking, etc.

Google RSVP Form:

Looking forward to seeing you at the State House!
Sydney

Sydney Brown (she/her)
(207) 778- 7840

Proudly serving:
University of Maine Farmington: Education Center 323
University of Maine Augusta: Farm House 115D