A hearty greeting to the DA (or now WA) subscribers,

May 15th will be my final day as Managing Director of the Southworth
Planetarium. After 25 years at the helm of this subterranean TARDIS, I will
be moving -with my family, of course- to Newfoundland, a province fondly
referred to by geologists -and less fondly by gardeners- as "The Rock."

The University is now seeking my successor, or, to be a mite less
pretentious, my replacement.

Hence, this announcement.  If you are interested in becoming the new TARDIS
Keeper AND the new Daily Astronomer, or Wandering Astronomer or Something
Astronomer, please refer to the link below:

https://usm.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=83846&job=planetarium-manager

Though it is a time-consuming job, like so many others, you will also find
it to be a consuming passion as you interact with thousands upon thousands
of wonderful, interesting and engaging patrons every year.  You'll be
supported by a superb planetarium staff and an omnicompetent support staff.
Moreover,you'll have the added benefit of being able to snap on the
midnight sky whenever the mood moves you to do so.
=

I will continue posting the Wandering Astronomer until my departure.   Once
Laser Fest Week is over by the end of the week, I will start posting
eclipse articles again.

I will most likely pen an effusive goodbye later.
As for now, I thank you all for following me for lo these many years.
How surreal to think that a quarter century has elapsed since the Daily
Astronomer emerged from the seafoam off the coast of Cythera.       Yes,
you, too will be obligated to make at least three such asinine statements
each week.

Cheers to you all!

Edward

--
Edward X. Herrick-Gleason
Director

"If we're sufficiently sceptical and empirical about *anything (*whether a
star or a baby or a plastic cup), we'll see that it's baffling, mysterious,
thrillingly weird and defies all of our categories - requiring a poetical
and a mathematical and an emotional and a physical response."
-Charles Foster, author of *Being a Human*