Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce that we are now accepting nominations for the 2024 NEOA Achiever Awards! The nomination process has been updated, so please read this email thoroughly.

WHO: The NEOA Achiever Awards are given to outstanding graduates of New England's regional Educational Opportunity Programs. Nomination criteria for both the Rising Star and Achiever Awards can be found below.

The Rising Star Awards honor emerging leaders who strive toward the highest levels of personal and professional accomplishment, who excel in their chosen field, devote time and energy to their community in a meaningful way, and serve as a role model for other low-income, first-generation college bound students and students with disabilities. This award allows our region to recognize Rising Stars who have either completed their associate degree and/or their bachelor's degree and are just beginning to make an impact in their careers and communities.

The NEOA Achiever Awards are given to outstanding graduates of New England's regional Educational Opportunity Programs. They are recognized as a person of high stature within their profession or they have received recognition for their outstanding academic achievements, are employed above the entry-level designation for their profession, have received a post baccalaureate degree or are enrolled in a post baccalaureate program, and have made significant civic, community, or professional contributions.

More information about nomination criteria can be found on each Application Form.

WHEN: Applications open today, December 1st, 2023 and are due February 1st, 2024. Awardees are honored at our annual NEOA Conference during the Achievers' Luncheon.

HOW: We have created two Google Forms where information can be uploaded in a neat, organized, and uniform way.

  *   NEOA Achiever Award Application Form: https://forms.gle/2UsNXJPk9Dnfavt28

  *   NEOA Rising Star Award Application Form: https://forms.gle/1qkHWVQzgG5xLDzK8

There are two sections:

  *   The first section collects personal information about the candidate and nominator.
  *   The second section collects additional application documents, including Letter of Nomination, Candidate Impact Statement, Candidate Resume, and Candidate Photo. More information about these required documents can be found on the nomination form.

Please Note: We recognize all EOP Programs, including TRIO, GEAR UP, and Educational Opportunity Centers. You may make nominations outside your project or program, and your nominee does not have to currently reside in New England. In addition, for the nomination to be valid, the nominator must be an active 2023-2024 NEOA Member.

Want to know more about the Nomination & Award process? Join us for an NEOA Achiever Awards Info Session on Monday, December 11th at 3:00 PM via Zoom: https://keene.zoom.us/j/92862408582

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the 2023-2024 NEOA Achiever Award Co-Chairs Adam Keese at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or 603-358-2467 & Becky Carrasquillo at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or 603-358-2041.

Terry T. Charlton, M.Ed
TRIO Student Support Services Director
Maine Educational Opportunity Association (MEEOA) Past President/State Liaison

Central Maine Community College
1250 Turner Street
Auburn, Maine 04210
Tel: (207) 755-5238<https:[log in to unmask]>

" Access without support is not opportunity" - Vincent Tinto

Website: Maine Educational Opportunity Association (meeoa.org)<https://www.meeoa.org/>
[meeoa logo]
Pronouns: She, her, hers