From: - MEEOA-L - Maine Educational Opportunity Association members communication <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Lisa Black <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, November 6, 2023 12:31 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Important details about First Gen Zoom event TOMORROW

Hi everyone! It looks like EVERY college in Maine that hosts a TRIO program will be participating in some way tomorrow, which blows us away! (And despite my earlier challenge, it is totally okay to join with your camera off. ?? It’s been a long couple weeks--just spreading the word and being there is deeply appreciated)!

We wanted to share a few important updates about tomorrow’s panel:

  *   We have discovered that the abbreviated bit.ly<http://bit.ly/> link that is on the invitations works sometimes but not all the time. Here is the full zoom link for your calendars:
     *   Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81506687288?pwd=aThJSnVKSEJJWm5rSFgxanRCbkZIdz09
Meeting ID: 815 0668 7288
Passcode: 267697
  *   We will be running the zoom as a meeting and not a webinar so that we can all see each other and foster a sense of community. We are planning to keep everyone but the hosts/panelists on mute for the duration of the event to minimize distractions and make good use of the chat feature. There will be time at the end for questions, which you can submit through the chat.
  *   6 or 7 schools will be hosting a watch party (yay!). If this is you, we recommend that you have IT support on hand juuuust in case and test connectivity early (we’ll start the call at 11:30am).
  *   We will not be recording the event to protect people’s privacy but we do hope to use the close-caption feature to transcribe responses.

I think that’s all for now! Please feel free to email me with any questions and I’ll do my best to respond promptly. Thank you SO much to Ashlee, Tony, and Casey for all their hard work to make this happen!

--Lisa