Dear MEEOA membership,

Attached is an invitation for a zoom event featuring three amazing first-gen Mainers (who also happen to be Maine TRIO alum!) who are doing incredible things across the state. The event will be a paneled conversation that will take place on Tues 11/7 at lunchtime (the day before National First Generation College Student Day) as a kick-off event for any celebrations you may be doing on your own campuses.

Our humble request(s) of you (with benefits to your program scattered throughout, so keep reading!):

Program directors should have gotten a calendar invitation for the event with the zoom link (also on the attached .png file).

Please feel free to accept/forward that link along and/or let me, Ashlee Fecteau, or Tony Staffiere know if you can attend. (You can certainly just show up, but it will be helpful for planning purposes to have a sense of how many people might be in attendance).

We will follow up with more details as the event gets closer and welcome any suggestions/questions you may have to make this event a success!

Finally, please also remember to share photos of any First Gen celebrations you may be having with Casey Henderson ([log in to unmask]) so we can feature them on MEEOA’s First Gen Day webpage and don’t forget to peruse/add to our First-Gen Inspo document here.

Thanks for all you do, MEEOA!

--Lisa, Ashlee, and Tony (your MEEOA First Gen Day Committee)

Lisa Black, TRIO Student Support Services Program Director

#trioworks

She/her/hers

Schedule an appointment [log in to unmask]">here:

Welcome to KV TRIO! - TRIO Student Support Services - LibGuides at Kennebec Valley Community College

https://www.facebook.com/kv.trio

Fairfield Campus:

Room 130F, King Hall

92 Western Ave