Good afternoon, MEEOA membership!

Guess what’s somehow just 7 weeks away? National First Gen Day 2023!

The First Gen Day Committee has been working feverishly to put together this year’s statewide celebration and has settled on a zoom panel highlighting the success of three first-gen grads living and working Maine. The idea is to hold the panel BEFORE National First Gen Day (11/8) to kick off the individual celebrations that will be happening across the state on the day itself. The target audience is first-gen students but there will be takeaways for anyone with a stake in first-gen success.

Invitation: Please save the date for MEEOA’s First Gen Success Panel on TUESDAY, November 7th at noon! Zoom link and flyer with info about panelists to follow.

Request: We have a few invitations out to potential panelists we’re really excited about, but we need ideas for first-gen folks to reach out to! Because representation matters so much, we’re hoping for a diverse panel representing different sectors of the workforce. With no panelists confirming yet, we are casting a wide net and could really use your help pointing us toward people who might be willing to share their stories. You can use the form below or reach out to me, Ashlee Fecteau, or Tony Staffiere directly: MEEOA First Gen Day Celebration - Guest Speaker Panel Nominations (google.com)

Finally, please contribute to the 2023 MEEOA First Gen Resource List or consult it for inspo as you craft your own First Gen Celebrations!

Thanks so much!

--Lisa, Ashlee, and Tony

p.s. Congratulations to USM and Thomas College on their NASPA First Gen Celebration Grants!

Lisa Black, TRIO Student Support Services Program Director

#trioworks

She/her/hers

Schedule an appointment [log in to unmask]"> here:

Welcome to KV TRIO! - TRIO Student Support Services - LibGuides at Kennebec Valley Community College

https://www.facebook.com/kv.trio

Fairfield Campus:

Room 130F, King Hall

92 Western Ave