Happy Friday afternoon everyone,

I am sharing this message from NEOA (New England Opportunity Association) today.

Dear NEOA members!

As you probably know, the Fair Share donation year ends on June 30 and a new year of donations begins on July 1. As this fiscal year is drawing to a close, I just want to update you on where NEOA stands!

As you can see, with your help we have exceeded our Fair Share goals for this year! I truly appreciate all of you who donated! If you are able, please donate again next year. If you have not yet donated, it is not too late, but time is running out! Please donate by June 15. To make it easier, you can set up a recurring monthly donation that is automatically withdrawn from your account each month. Each year COE also sets goals to reach 10 for 10 donations. That means that a donor signs up to donate at least 10 dollars for 10 months. If each state reaches their goal, the state receives a free registration for the Policy Seminar. This is incredibly helpful and relieves some of the burden to state budgets. There is a deadline to sign up for this-usually around December. The best way that we can meet our Fair Share goals is to have each institution that has a TRIO program pay for an institutional membership. Thanks to all who made sure that your institution supported our important work. There are a few institutions who have not yet renewed their institutional membership. The list is attached. If any of you can reach out to these schools and encourage them to become members, that would be very helpful. As you know, this year we had to deal with the Debt Ceiling issue. When I visited the Hill in May, our message was for no across the board cuts. In our history, the TRIO budget was cut in 2008 and 2011 when there were across the board cuts. So far, we survived that. However, with the budget caps set in place, TRIO programs will be level funded next year unless other program’s budgets are cut. The battle continues! Your help and support provides the needed ability to continually advocate for our programs! Thank you so much!

Best wishes to all! Have a wonderful summer!

Debbie

Debbie

Debora McCann

Director, Educational Talent Search

Nesmith Hall, UNH

131 Main St. Room 306

Durham, NH  03824

(603) 862-3265

www.ets.unh.edu

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."

                                                                                                Nelson Mandella

Terry T. Charlton, M.Ed

TRIO Student Support Services Director

Maine Educational Opportunity Association (MEEOA) President

Central Maine Community College

1250 Turner Street

Auburn, Maine 04210

[log in to unmask]">Tel: (207) 755-5238

“ Access without support is not opportunity” – Vincent Tinto

Website: MailScanner has detected a possible fraud attempt from "www.meeoa.org" claiming to be Maine Educational Opportunity Association (meeoa.org)

meeoa logo

Pronouns: She, her, hers