A 2006 law limits growth in State and Local budget spending. The Governor's budget exceeds the ceiling by several hundred thousand dollars.

Our lawmakers are going to negotiate over this.

This was in the Bangor Daily News Briefs today:
"A leading budget negotiator, Rep. Sawin Millett, R-Waterford, said the cap will be a major element of his side's push on the document, although the former budget commissioner conceded that state spending plans often write out laws that are inconvenient. He also expected Democrats to question why his party was so focused on an old law. "That's a legitimate question, but when you write a law that survives this long, you have to assume that it's the existing law and work within it," Millett said." (This is not a full article in the 'paper' just part of an email blast I get.)

Stuff like this can blow up the current  "Kum ba yah" moment between the D's and R's,

Don't wait to contact your legislators!!
Do it today!!
Attached is a copy of what I sent to my senator and representative.

Joseph Young
Moose Hill Farm
Fayette, ME 04349
Business: 207-897-3093
Cell: 207-931-7626
----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

https://lists.maine.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=GEOLIBRARY-L&A=1

Or, you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: