Good Morning All,

I hope you all have contacted your State Senator and representative
regarding the GeoLibrary Budget proposed on A29 and A30 of the budget.
This was in the BDN this morning:
 " Democrats are driving the bus on this budget. *If they pass one alone,
they would have to do so by the end of March.* If minority Republicans stay
attached to the deal, they should be able to win some notable concessions
and a tax cut looks like it is one possibility
<https://bangordailynews.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a629a44de37af801f63b7384a&id=5357b9fe78&e=9826b99e47>
.

If things go sideways in this moment of bipartisan cooperation and the D's
decide to go alone we need to make sure the Board's oversight committees
and the Appropriations committees know how important the budget is to you
and the GeoLibrary and the State. In my opinion we should prepare Testimony
and submit it to the three committees ASAP, that is what I am working on
now.

Joe Young
Former: Public Member
Former: Chairman of the Board
Maine Library of Geographic Information
207-931-7626

This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

https://lists.maine.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=GEOLIBRARY-L&A=1

Or, you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: