THE SOUTHERN MAINE ASTRONOMERS
Thursday, November 3, 2022
7:00 p.m.
on ZOOM

Yesterday, the DA discussed nitrous oxide in relation to the detection of extraterrestrial life.   Today, we would like to invite you to listen to an astronomer from the University of Maryland discuss his research pertaining to exoplanet atmospheres: from "hot" Jupiters to rocky enclaves. Learn more about the fascinating science involved in the study and analysis of these atmospheres as well as the effort underway to possibly find evidence of life elsewhere in the Milky Way Galaxy.

This talk will be presented on Thursday, November 3, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. and is free and open to the public. To obtain more information, please visit   www.southernmaineastronomers.org

We would also encourage you to join this wonderful organization:  a merry fellowship of formidable intellects and kindred celestial spirits.    They often conduct public star parties in which participants may look through telescopes and ask all manner of astronomical questions.   Be neither shy nor intimidated.  Interacting with SMA members is a genuine pleasure.   Their manners are congenial,  their knowledge level encyclopedic, and their passion infectious.