usm.maine.edu/planet

STONES OF MY TRAVELS
with Lawrence Price
Tuesday, October 4, 2022
7:00 p.m.
Admission by donation

The night before each solstice, the Southworth Planetarium's resident stone circle scholar presents a presentation about Stonehenge, the world's most famous megalithic structure.   This coming Tuesday, Lawrence returns to guide us through some of the hundreds of stone circles located throughout the British Isles.       Join us as we explore these ancient sites and learn how they were constructed and the many purposes they served to those who built them.

Some were configured to replicate the stars.

Some were maidens gathered in a healing circle

Some were giants petrified by the rising Sun

750x500_top_1548146948_22jan19-easter-aquhorthies.jpg

Yet, some of the others that have protruded out of remote wields for thousands of years are so deeply mysterious we know little to nothing of them or of those who crafted them long before the druids even arrived.

We invite you to join us on Tuesday evening as we venture beyond Stonehenge and learn about some of the most mystical places in Britain from one who has seen them in person and over time has learned many of their secrets.

Doors open at 6:30 p.m.

Feel free to call 207-780-4249 or send a reply to reserve your seats.